Yuanle's Technology Radar
Created On: 2016-06-06 Updated On: 2016-07-26
Similar to ThoughtWorks Technology Radar, I start to write my own radar. In the radar I will list my choice of technology related services, frameworks, tools and development practices. This radar will be updated periodically when my view changes.
- OMD monitoring system
- Cloud server for hosting small websites
- Self-hosted Gitlab
- Bugzilla or Redmine
- Debian on developer workstation
- Rsync and rsnapshot for backup
- KVM based virtualization for develop, testing, deploy.
- Salt as configuration management tool
- Postgres database
- Nginx, HTTPS
- Sentry for exception logging
- ftp or sftp as file server
- Trello as a notepad and todo board
- Test-driven development (TDD)
- tarsnap backup service
- BSD or Gentoo on developer workstation
- Docker for deploy
- Openstack as a platform
- Common lisp for production deploy
- HTTP based file uploading and downloading, especially when using a browser
- Almost all file/text syncing service on mobile. If you update content from multiple devices.